This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brian3000 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NickH

Whats up fellow team owners/GM’s? I just wanted to post a topic that came to mind this morning regarding the QB position. As you all know there are 20 teams in this league, which means that not everyone will have two starting QB’s on their roster. My quesiton is how are we going to handle situations where a team’s starting/only QB goes down and there are no available starting QB’s available as FA’s? For Example: If I have Tom Brady and he goes down and I do not have another starting QB on my roster how are we going to manage the waiver order for this type of situation. Obviously anyone can go out and pick up Mallett the minute Tom Brady goes down but then that would leave me with no starting QB at all. I understand that it would be my own fault for not selecting a second starting QB earlier in the draft but it is inevitably going to happen to someone. My thought was that if this situation does happen to a particular team, that team would get 24 hours to pick up the back up qb, if they fail to realize and pick up this player, then the rest of the league should get the opportunity to pick up this FA through the waiver order.

Brian3000
    Commissioner

Good question.

If your drafted starting QB goes down due to injury, you will have the rights to that NFL organizations’ backup. This only applies to your drafted starting QB.

Scenario:
    At #1 overall, you draft Brandon Weeden. In week 3 in Minnesota, Jared Allen shoots him in the arm with a bow and arrow from the sideline. Weeden is done for the year. You have a 24 hour window to pick up the wily vet Jason Campbell. If you don’t grab him in the first 24 hours, he’s there for the taking for anyone.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by  Brian3000.

JoeS

What if Jason Campbell is owned by another owner?

Brian3000
    Commissioner

Then the owner keeps him. It only applies if they are out there for the taking.

Brian3000
    Commissioner

Backup Quarterback Insurance Process

If an FFBMCO owner has one and only one quarterback on their roster, and said quarterback ends up injured, then that owner is entitled to the backup quarterback for the NFL team that their quarterback plays if and only if:

1.) That backup quarterback is NOT already on an FFBMCO roster.

2.) The owner notified the league within 24 hours from the end of the game in which his FFBMCO quarterback was injured and states that he is using his backup QB insurance policy.

*Notes*
    The owner who uses this insurance claim is only allowed one waiver claim the week of the insurance claim and it must be for the backup quarterback in question.

This rule does not apply to an FFBMCO franchise that has more than one quarterback on their roster.

This only applies to quarterbacks because it is the only position in the NFL in which one player plays the entire game and gets stats with VERY rare exceptions. Fantasy football is about picking what players get stats.

Mechanism:

The owner of the injured quarterback receives waiver priority number one for the week, all other owners are moved down one spot to their proper waiver spot. This is the only claim that the insurance owner is allowed to make during the week thereby effectively not affecting any other owner’s waiver claim.

Reasoning:

A scenario can exist where all starting NFL QBs are on FFBMCO rosters. Therefore when a starter is injured, the FFBMCO owner would not have the ability to have a starting quarterback. This is a huge negative to the competitive balance of the league. We don’t want to discourage the keeping of quarterbacks on rosters, we just want to mitigate the possibility that an owner will be without a quarterback to play.

TAKE WHATCHA CAN!
    & GIVE NOTHIN BACK!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by  Brian3000.

Chuck Deal

1) if and only if that qb is NOT on another ffbmco roster*?

Brian3000
    Commissioner

Thanks Chai! You dealt a better deal in that short post than your tenure last year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ChatClick here to chat!+